Etiquette and twitter

Etiquette on Building Influence using Twitter
Posted in Social and Digital Network, social media, social network, twitter.
on Monday, May 3rd, 2010 by Misty Belardo

Social media platforms such as FaceBook and Twitter are now two of the fast growing sites. More and more people are hooked into updating their profiles, playing games, engaging with friends and family. Who wouldn’t be engrossed? It is easy and it is fun, but most of all it is real time. I realized this phenomenon even further when I attended a conference on social networking in the Philippines and the statistics presented were staggering. I was most interested when they presented something on Twitter.
I love Twitter, I am on there everyday, sharing and conversing with people from all over the world. If I need something related to design and blogging, I just browse through my stream or ask the community and in a short period of time I would get my answer. For those new on Twitter, it is a micro-blogging site that allows one to communicate with his followers 140 characters at a time. You have an audience who listens and converse with you 24/7.
The more followers you have the more listeners you have. Some people obsess with their follower count, the reason, because they feel that it is the measure of their success and influence. But to be quiet blunt, the number of followers now is not the gauge for measuring influence. People should realize that it is the interaction and the sharing that is the measure. If you do not communicate and engage your followers then your numbers won’t matter so much.

Read this article @ mysketchstudio.com

Comments

Popular Posts